Sunday, November 26, 2006
















Hope you all had a luscious Thanksgiving, full of family and good food. We did. In between the cooking, reunited with our daughter, Melanie (we hadn't seen her in ages!), meeting her new Rat Terrier (weird name, cute dog!), "Toby," and eating our way through Tryptophane Heaven, we also had to deal with a sudden ER visit for Gordie.

He was running toward his mom (my daughter, Jenn) and tripped over her leg. Fell head first into the coffee table, split open his skin over his eyebrow. It bled like mad, but the doc at the ER used some of the new glue instead of giving him stitches. Thank God. He's fine now.

Here's a picture of Melanie's new baby:


















He's a real sweetie pie - loves to snuggle and sleep on his humans. We did a lot of "grandpuppy sitting" this weekend. ;o) Toby ended up getting into something bad - possibly chocolate that dropped off cookies the boys were eating - and we were worried for a day. But he's okay now.

We were blessed by a visit from Summer this weekend. Temperatures reminiscent of May or June - even got a sunburn. I worked outside all day Saturday and Sunday, weeding, raking, trimming, and generally getting the gardens around the house in shape.

We took Toby for a walk, too. He was great on the leash and ran after Allison who led the way.

I did get a chance to take a few photos.

















I also spent all of Saturday evening redesigning my website. ;o) I needed to make it crisper and cleaner, easier to navigate. See what you think, if you have time, at www.legardemysteries.com.

I'm not quite done with the makeover (my links page is all screwed up), but it's close. I'd love your feedback or suggestions to make it even better. Chose that simpler template (I was tired of the piano template!) as it seemed easier to set up and also had a white background which folks say is easier on the eyes.

Before I go, here's one more photo from the weekend. Take care, and if you're from the States, let me know how your holiday was!


- Aaron





9 comments:

s.w. vaughn said...

Gorgeous table! And look at that puppy... what a sweetie! :-)

Jude Hardin said...

The new website looks great, Aaron. You certainly have a knack with all the computer stuff.

Aaron Paul Lazar said...

Well, thank you, SW! Toby is doing great and loves to play with Balto, too. What a riot to see them together! That table has my mother-in-law's beautiful ruby goblets and her grandmother's Limoge china on it - we only use them for Thanksgiving. ;o)

Hi, Jude!

Well, thank you! Ya know, it's really not all that hard. I'd be happy to guide you through it if you ever have any questions. It's just a matter of getting a little help in the beginning and then... Voila! You have a nice website! Thanks a million for checking it out. I really appreciate it. I also got great advice from my friends Jeanne and SW (above) which helped streamline it. ;o)

s.w. vaughn said...

Oooh, nice! I love the new look, for both blog and website! :-)

Aaron Paul Lazar said...

Thank you, Sonya!

Anonymous said...

Where are my comments? I made comments! I told you that you set a gorgeous table, that you have beautiful furniture, a great house, and I remember sitting at the kiddie table - that sometimes, they still make me sit there. Now I'm going over to check out the new website.

Aaron Paul Lazar said...

Thanks, Val! I remember reading your comments, too! I thought maybe they were in an email instead? Either way, thank you very much! Hope you are doing great!

Anonymous said...

Aaron, I'm on a short break from wallpaper removal and thought I better stop in. Looks like you had fun. Good on you. Now it's time to get back to work.

Aaron Paul Lazar said...

Good luck with that wallpapering job, Steve! I don't envy you, but I'm sure you'll do a tremendous job.